For aspiring champions and boy scouts alike, being prepared is everything. As far as we’re concerned, Stampeding is basically an Olympic event, and this philosophy is downright critical if you’re going to wring the very most out of the upcoming 10 days. There is a lot going on throughout Calgary Stampede to say the least, including a grueling concert schedule that will bring even the most determined festivaler to their knees if not prepared.
So, whether you need time to brush up on your country music, you want to give your boots a break by taking in some other genres, or you just straight-up want to do it all, below is a full timeline of every show happening during Stampede this year. Grab your tickets asap, and – pro tip alert – don’t forget you can check StubHub if you’re having trouble finding tickets to a show you’re really dying to see.
Scheduling is just one part of being prepared.
Having a great time at a live music show is cool. You know what’s NOT cool? Driving under the influence. Once you’ve got your show lineup sorted, make sure you know how you’ll be getting around safely. Here are a few good-to-knows:
- Grab a discounted transit pass during Stampede. Calgary Transit gets into the Stampede spirit by offering discounted passes to take you through the entire 10 days. Get more information here.
- Ride the CTrain for free downtown and 24 hours/day during Stampede. If you’re new to Calgary or somehow have just never been on transit, we’ve got great news – the CTrain is always free downtown along 7th Avenue between 3rd Street East and 11th Street West. Even better, Calgary Transit keeps the CTrain humming around the clock during Stampede.
- More questions about transit during Stampede? Calgary Transit has most likely answered them here.
- Take an Uber. If transit won’t work for you, download Uber and let the app get you home with little to no effort on your part. Uber will easily pinpoint your current location using GPS, you can pre-set your home address, and payment happens right through the app. All in all, the whole thing is pretty easy to pull off even if you’ve been a little liberal with the Jack and Cokes.
- Stay downtown. There are so many great places to stay near the Stampede grounds or throughout the downtown area, so if you know you’re going to be out late and having a good time, make a staycation out it and stay somewhere walkable. Just book your room asap, because… the tourists are coming. (Disclaimer: It may already be too late for this one.)
Make sure you’re following along on our Instagram for a full week of tips on living your best festival life this Stampede from a bro who knows. But first, browse the timeline below and get planning – it’s going to be another epic 10 days of live music.
• Thursday, July 4th
• Friday, July 5th
• Saturday, July 6th
• Sunday, July 7th
• Monday, July 8th
• Tuesday, July 9th
• Wednesday, July 10th
• Thursday, July 11th
• Friday, July 12th
• Saturday, July 13th
• Sunday, July 14th